This week managed to go by quickly for me…perhaps it was due to the (pleasant) change in the weather? Yes, I know Nemo begs to differ for some, and that’s why I’m grateful for the California sun…and for Punxsutawney Phil not seeing his shadow..
I plan to make this weekend relaxing and fun, but I also want to (and need to) buckle down for some serious Microbiology studying. My second midterm is on Thursday, and since it is a points-based class (no curve!) I really want to ace it. I did have a Math midterm today though, and since it is Friday, I thinking I’m deserving of a little break. Plus I’m in the mood for a “Five Things Friday”. Enjoy!
1) Latest food fix has been a cup of greek yogurt (preferrably $0.79 clearance Chob) and a dollop of Nutella. I’ve been craving this combo every.single.day. for the past week! Good thing the cups were on clearance, otherwise there would be a huge hole in my pocket!
2) Weather has been amazing…and will continue to be (except for the chances of rain later next week…)! I certainly do not have an excuse to get some running in this weekend ! The only thing that irritates me though is that the mornings are still winter cold, so I have to wear a jacket anyways. And then I have to lug around the jacket when it warms up in the afternoon. Yes, I’m so full of complaints, but I’d rather have my days stay at a consistent temperature…preferrably sunny & warm temperatures…
3) Listening to the Latino Top Hits station when you didn’t take Spanish in high school and/or college. I can only stand the other “Top 40/Mainstream Radio” stations for so long you know! Plus, I recognize like half the songs from my ZUMBA classes.
I didn’t hear it on the Latino station (rather an internet dance radio station), but my current favorite song to jam along to is this one. Oh, and the remix too! You might recognize the singer from Mr. Saxobeat, which has been in my head all week too ;)
4) Had to get a filling yesterday (a minor one) but after getting reprimanded by my dentist for needing to practice good flossing technique on a more frequent basis, I couldn’t help but google “electronic flossers”.
Right now I’m trying to get into the habit of using those Dentek flosser thingys since I hate the threaded floss. But an electric flosser would be so nice. Is it worth the $100 though??
5) Who says you can’t have chocolate after Valentine’s Day? Funny how I switch to the topic of chocolate after I mentioned my filling. (Honestly, it was a filling in a really hard to reach area…I promise I have really good dental hygeine otherwise ;) !)
Anyways, I tried two new-to-me chocolate bars a couple weeks ago but couldn’t find the right post to fit them in to. Since I’m not in a chocolate coma from yesterday, looking at these bars doesn’t make me sick to my stomach…although one of them did have a similar effect…:P
This Simply Lite bar was a low carb chocolate bar, and while it did satisfy my dark chocolate craving that I was having one day, I don’t recommend eating the entire bar in one sitting (it even says so on the wrapper – excess consumption may cause a laxative effect). My tummy made some weird gurgling sounds soon after and was acting up for the majority of the day. I found the aftertaste to be kind of off too.
Whole Foods didn’t let me down though…especially since their chocolate selection is engrossing.
When I saw this quinoa chocolate bar by Alter Eco, I knew I had to buy it (also a plus was that it was on sale!!). I’ve seen this brand/bar on other blogs, but wanted to try it myself. It honestly reminded me of a more sophisticated Crunch bar, and it even had that same “Crunch” taste too. Only difference was that this bar was thinner and flatter, while the Crunch bars of my childhood were thicker and shorter (at least the ones that came in the Lunchables boxes were! ).
Well, I’m off to go watch a new episode of Shark Tank. Anyone else like that show, btw?
Have a fun three-day weekend!
What are your weekend plans?
Do you hate flossing?